Information we may collect from you through the Site
- Your name, phone number, address, email address and other contact details;
- Records of your correspondence with us, if you have contacted us;
- Details of your visit to our Site and the resources that you access.
Our use of your personal information collected through the Site
We may use personal information collected from you through the Site in the following ways:
- To send items to you purchased through our online store;
- To accounting and billing purposes;
- To ensure that the Site is presented to you in an effective manner;
- To provide you with information that you have requested from us; and
- Where you have registered to do so, to send you electronic and/or paper form marketing and other materials relating to our services, unless you would prefer us not to do so (see Your Rights below).
We may also obtain information about your general internet usage through the use of ‘cookies’ which enable us to make certain parts of the Site easier to use and to improve the Site. Please see our Cookies Statement for more information. When you enter the Site, we may also collect information, where available, about your computer for system administration purposes such as your IP address, operating system and browser type.
This information is statistical data about our users’ browsing patterns and generally does not individually identify our users.
How we process your offline personal data
As well as information collected from you through the Site, we may also obtain personal information in other ways, such as by phone, email or in paper form.
We may also receive personal information from our customers, or from others, about themselves or about other individuals (such as our corporate customers’ employees) which is provided to us for use for the purpose of carrying out our business services. We will handle that information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
This information could include:-
- Your name, phone number, email address and other contact details;
- Records of your correspondence with us
Our use of your personal information
We may use personal information collected otherwise than through the Site in the following ways:-
- To provide you (or the company on behalf of which you instruct us) with our business services or other information that you have requested from us;
- To invoice you for services we have provided to you (or the company on behalf of which you instruct us);
- To keep records of the work we have carried out for you (or the company on behalf of which you instruct us); and
- To send you electronic and/or paper form marketing materials relating to our services, unless you would prefer us not to do (see Your Rights below).
Disclosing your personal information
We will not share personal information with any third party except where:-
- You have expressly consented for us to share your personal information with third parties;
- Our business, or substantially all our business assets are merged or acquired by a third party, in which case your personal information may form part of the transferred or merged assets;
- To provide anonymous statistical information about users of the Site and related usage information to reputable third parties; or
- We are using other third party service providers to provide services that involve data processing
Although we don’t share information with third parties, for us to provide a full online shopping service to our customers, there are suppliers that we use to enable this:-
- We use a third party service provider so that we can provide a full shopping experience. Customers are able to check out as a guest so that minimum data is stored by us (e.g. for delivery purposes and accounting), or by creating an online account so the user can shop again and re-use the stored details, where the user must consent to providing us with their personal details. No card details are collected or stored directly by us as payments are taken off-site on a secure third-party server (read below for more information).
- We use a secure third party service provider to accept online payments for our online store. All payment processes are dealt with off-site at a third party server, we do not obtain or have access to any of the card details.
- We use a secure third party service provider to ensure our website is secure. Data collected by our security provider includes IP address, location, date and time of access ,which is required to ensure that our website remains secure.
- We use a secure third party service provider to back up our website which contains website files and database so we are able to restore the website to a fully working condition if required. These backup files are stored on a secure cloud backup service (read below for more information).
- We use a secure third party service to store our backup files as mentioned above. We use a secure cloud service so that the files are quickly accessible to restore our website to a previous date if required.
How long we keep your personal data
We retain personal information only for as long as necessary for the purpose for which we obtained them and any other permitted purposes. If information is required for two purposes, we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires; but we will stop using it for the purpose with a shorter period once that period expires. Your data is restricted to only those persons who need to use it for the relevant purpose and your information that is no longer needed is either irreversibly anonymised or destroyed securely.
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary and used solely for the intended purpose as consented (e.g. online purchase delivery, accounting, marketing etc.), but only for the relevant purpose that we collected it for. You retain the right to remove this consent at any point which can be done by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Yr Hendy, LLanboidy, Whitland, SA34 0ER.
Where we store your personal information
In order to provide our services and the Site, any personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored by a secure third party at a destination inside or outside the European Economic Area, including in a country where the law provides less protection for personal information. By continuing to use our services or the Site and by providing any personal information, you are consenting to such transfers, storing or processing of your personal information.
If we engage a third party to process personal information on our behalf we contractually require them to apply appropriate safeguards for personal information.
Links to third party websites
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, which can be exercised by checking the relevant boxes when you complete an online form or by contacting us at any time at email@example.com.
Please note that by continuing to use our services or the Site and by providing any personal information to us offline or via the Site or email addresses provided on the Site, you are consenting to our use of your personal information as set out in this Privacy Statement. Please do not provide us any personal information if you do not want that information to be used by us in this manner.
If you have any questions, need further information about our privacy practices, or would like to let us know that your details require updating, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Yr Hendy, LLanboidy, Whitland, SA34 0ER.